Escape from Tarkov, an intense online first-person shooter, often faces issues with group matchmaking, preventing players from joining raids together. This comprehensive guide provides insights into the potential causes and detailed solutions to resolve the “Group Not Working” error.
Understanding Group Matchmaking in Escape from Tarkov
Group matchmaking in Escape from Tarkov allows up to four players to form a team and enter raids. The group leader can invite others, choose maps, and set the server region. This feature is essential for cooperative play, offering strategic advantages but also has downsides like friendly fire and trust issues.
How to Fix Escape from Tarkov Group Matchmaking Not Working Issue?
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to How to Fix Escape from Tarkov Group Matchmaking Not Working Issue.
1. Reconnect the Group
- Leave the current group session.
- Re-invite your teammates to form a new group.
- Try re-entering the matchmaking as a group.
2. Relaunch the Game
- Close the Escape From Tarkov game and the Battlestate Games Launcher.
- Wait a few moments to ensure all tasks are closed.
- Relaunch the game and attempt group matchmaking again.
3. Restart Your PC
- Go to the Start menu and click on the Power icon.
- Choose Restart.
- After restarting, try joining the group matchmaking in the game again.
4. Check Your Internet Connection
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- If using Wi-Fi, consider switching to a wired connection, or vice versa.
- Contact your internet service provider for technical assistance if necessary.
5. Clear Cache of Escape from Tarkov
- Go to the game installation directory on your PC.
- Open the Cache folder and delete all files.
- Relaunch the game and try joining the group matchmaking.
6. Update Escape from Tarkov
- Open the Battlestate Games Launcher and go to the Escape from Tarkov page.
- Check for updates and install if available.
- Restart the game after updating.
7. Run the Integrity Check for the Game
- Open the launcher and go to the game page.
- Click on Integrity Check and wait for the process to complete.
- Close and relaunch the game afterward.
8. Switch the In-Game Server Region
- Launch the game and go to the main menu.
- Click on Change Server and select a different server, preferably the nearest one.
- Try matchmaking with your group again.
9. Use Alt+F4 to Initiate Group Matchmaking
- Press Alt+F4 to close the game client temporarily.
- Restart the game and rejoin the group matchmaking.
- The group leader should then initiate the matchmaking.
10. Try Switching Between PMC and SCAV
- Launch the game and select your SCAV character.
- Attempt to join a match, then return to the main menu.
- Select your PMC character and try joining a group matchmaking session.
11. Deleting the CefCache Folder
- Navigate to the main BattleState Game directory.
- Delete the CefCache folder found in the BSGLauncher folder.
- Also, delete the Temp folder in the UserAppDataLocalBattleState Games location.
- Launch the game, verify game files, and then reboot your PC.
12. Wait for the Matchmaking Queue
- Wait for at least 30-40 minutes after being kicked out of the server.
- Then attempt to join the matchmaking queue again.
13. Check the Server Status
- Check the official Escape from Tarkov service status or their social media for server updates.
- Visit third-party websites like DownDetector for additional server status information.
Fixing the group matchmaking not working issue in Escape from Tarkov involves a systematic approach to identifying and resolving server, group, internet, and client issues. By following these steps, players can enhance their chances of successful matchmaking and enjoy cooperative gameplay without interruptions.
- What should I do if none of the solutions work?
- If all else fails, contact the Escape from Tarkov support team for further assistance.
- Can server choice impact matchmaking success?
- Yes, choosing a less populated server or adjusting server settings can improve matchmaking success.
- Is it necessary to update the game regularly?
- Keeping the game updated is crucial for compatibility and smooth gameplay.
- What role does internet connectivity play in matchmaking?
- A stable and fast internet connection is essential for successful matchmaking and overall gameplay experience.
- Can group composition affect matchmaking?
- Ensuring a complete group and resolving any invitation mismatches are important for successful matchmaking.